Pages

|
"Of everything that was to be, to be was everything...
And nothing else makes me the same the same as anything...
If anything could be as thick, if layers could be false...
I'd bet my life I'd win again, it's your bet, I mean, your loss..." -Ethan Womack

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Analyzing A Purpose

Within the constructs of our day to day lives, we at times, reach a paradox of sorts. It happens without most of us even noticing. We wake up, grab a cup of coffee, smoke our mornings first cigarette, and then, at some point, we glance...



We glance into a mirror, and our world is presented back to us. Nothing strange comes to mind. We think nothing of the semi-optical illusion of the concept. We do not bat an eye at the thought that possibly, we are not simply looking at a piece of reflective glass. We simply glance at ourselves, and go on with our day...

But is that not a paradox in and of itself? Or is looking into a mirror what this entire experience of life is truly about? Think about it. When you look into a mirror, you do not see your world as it is, no matter if said mirror is free of any and all obscurities that could possibly distort it's image. The reality is, that we see the parallel opposites of what we perceive to be our world, and in that, we find that our left hands are our right, and our right our left.

Have you ever done it? Have you ever stared deeply into a mirror and pondered on just how such a simple surface could reflect an inverted projection of all things that pass before it. Now, have you ever pondered that possibly, you did not come upon the mirror because you chose to do so, but rather because the person in the mirror walked past it?

Now, of course, I am not trying to infer that beyond all mirrors lies a doorway into a parallel universe. No, do not get caught up in all of my words. What I am saying is that when we stare into a mirror, we are presented with an image that is the exact polar opposite of our perspective of everything, and thus, we must learn to adapt.


For those of you new to this blog, or perhaps have stumbled here from it's sister, let me state that this concept is essential for you to understand if you ever hope to gain anything from reading my seemingly nonsensical at times articles and blog posts. I am not so much attempting to do anything special or out of the ordinary really. I am trying to be something as ordinary as a mirror. However, you must realize, that what you see in this mirror that I am presenting will be just as those in your house. It will be an inversion, inverted solely because of my perspective, but, you must realize that you appear just as inverted to me, as I do to you.

I laugh to myself as I write this, because if I know me, then I know someone out there is reading this right now, and is wondering just how did they happen across this website, and why do my words and concepts seem so enticing...possibly as if fate itself had led them here.

Remember that statement about the pondering of which is the true reality, the image in the mirror, or the image the mirror is supposedly mirroring? Perhaps this is just the same. I encourage you, whoever you are, however, to strengthen your resolve, and gaze into this mirror with an understanding that you are the one who must interpret your own perspective, and I am not attempting to do so for you.

The real question I guess is, if everything in a mirror is simply inverted reality, then does duality have any true meaning at all, or is it just more of a guideline for defining the differences in perspective? And if that is the case, then why all the emphasis on such things?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon